Tuesday, December 25, 2012

First Day of Winter Break...

Lauren's gal pals all dolled up for dress up fun!
What better way to kick off the first day of winter break than to invite some friends over for lunch and gingerbread and cookie decorating!  (I'm officially cool mom for the day!)
All the decorating fixings for the g-houses....
And who knew that I'd actually have to bake the sugar cookies....crap!  It's a kit people, the cookies should come pre-baked!  : )  (I COOK, I don't bake!  Far too much precision and science!)  It's not about taste or eating any of this, it's about the decorating!
It was a pretty cool way to decorate the melted snowmen....watercolors!
Evan Reed and his buddy Evanson enjoyed painting...
We are building a village here!  
Ella had a family of gummy bears dancing on the roof!
Lula was not messing around...
Evanson ponders his next move...
Lauren tries her hand at the cookies...
This is the main lodge, G-house style!

                                     We will not even discuss the candy consumption for the day...
Sweet Lou...
Manager Lauren (or should I say BOSS Lauren) discusses her desires for the North facing roof...

The melted snowmen didn't look pretty, but the painting was a hit!
Evanson adds a little something-something......
Sweet Lou sneaks a spoonful of frosting!  
I SEE YOU!
Hello Vintage snowman! ($5 from a thrift store, I couldn't leave him!)  Please note my new Santa martini glass that my friend Wendy gave me!  So cute!  I even left the milk for Santa out in it!  That's how we roll in The Anderson Family!
Deep in artistic pursuit!
Time for cocoa!  In Fiesta ware of course!
Holla!
Sisters, Ava & Lula
A SUCCESSFUL FIRST DAY OF BREAK!
My hats off to all the awesome Moms of the world!
xo

1 comment:

  1. Soooo fun. :) I have hosted cookie and/or cupcake decorating parties for gangs of kiddos at Halloween and Valentine's Day, but not Christmas for some reason...although this year I did help 5 children make "pretzel snowmen" (giant pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate and then decorated with candies for faces, hats, and buttons, and trimmed fruit roll-ups tied around their "necks" for scarves!) during a group playdate a couple of Saturdays ago! :)

    ReplyDelete