Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thankful for....

New earrings from my friend Eileen.  It's been TWENTY years since I moved to Illinois and became her roommate.  She knows me well.  I love owls.  I wore these babies two days in a row.  Eileen texted me and asked if I like owls or if she had a crazy dream and made it all up!  I love that!  She also apologized for buying me something "retail"!  Love that too!  (her other gift to me deserves a post all by itself!  so good!)
My bestie Kelly gave me this scrabble tile to wear on a chain as a necklace.  I adore it.  But I have so many necklaces I don't wear this baby as much as I would like.  I decided to put this on my keychain and it makes me happy on a daily basis now!  
Last night we cozied up around the fire and this a reflection of the tree in the fireplace door.  We made the best decision of our lives to change out our standard fire place with a wood burning stove insert into the fire place.  OMG!  I can't say enough good things about it!  On the coldest, craziest winter day I can start a fire by myself and burn just a few logs all day long!  
Evan took a bunch of ornaments off the tree and Lauren put them back on.  And we don't really live in a church, but we have a piece of stained glass in a light-up box above our mantel.  Really, it's cool.  Trust me.
Lauren purchased this at the school craft sale for her brother for Christmas but gave it to him for his birthday.  You would think he would have cared less.  He actually got super excited about it and gave her a big hug!  That's my boy!
Tricia 1972 (one year old)!!!!
Proof my son Evan is my twin! (ornaments handmade by my 89 year old grandmother Regina and her sister Bette)  Such treasures from my youth!  What was so cool about my Mom is that she gifted these to me and my sister many years ago.
Tracy & Tricia
1974
Sissies forever xo
Best Christmas card ever!
(photo of my mom)
"At this Christmas season we remember and honor 
those who are no longer with us and cherish those who are."

My sister had managed to do Christmas cards after all those sympathy thank you cards we wrote.  We divided the pile and still, it just seemed like they would never end.  Kudos to her.  She cut way back on her list but did some anyway.  This is the first year in a long time that I just let that whole thing go.  Amen.  Relief!  I really wanted to do them.  I just didn't have good photos to use and my heart wasn't in it.
1976
~Miss you Mom~
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment